Monday, March 16, 2009

toxic consumer

This was a very exciting weekend for me because I got 2 jobs from 2 clients that I always wanted to work for: SEED Magazine and The New Yorker!

The New Yorker asked me to produce an illustration about The Toxic Avenger - NJ's first superhero (in musical form). They said they wanted Toxie and Sara (the blind librarian) in the illustration - and wanted a sorta "psychedelic" look to the whole thing. Maybe I found the story behind this musical especially amusing because i am from New Jersey...but I think anyone would appreciate the ridiculousness.

The other one is for SEED magazine - the article was a book review of Spent: Sex, Evolution, and Consumer Behavior by Geoffrey Miller. To summarize, the book talks about how what we buy unconsciously advertises our biological potential as mates and friends. And what our economic decisions say about us individually.



No comments: